The Trevor Wright Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gay Novel Suggestions Anyone?

Go down

Gay Novel Suggestions Anyone? Empty Gay Novel Suggestions Anyone?

Post by Aroww July 6th 2011, 5:46 pm

Does anyone have any good recommendations on gay novels? I've read and thoroughly enjoyed Jim Grimsley's Comfort and Joy as well as Dream Boy. I've also read City of Night by John Rechy (though that one was kind of dark). Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for a book with a story somewhat similar to Shelter (it doesn't have to be the same but the good feeling Shelter brings after watching is kind of what I'm seeking in a book). Recently, I thought I had found one called, Any Place But Here but it was dreadful. I don't start a book without finishing so I finished it but I hope to come across a book that's much better next time -at least if it's going to be in the same genre.
I'm not a big fan of trite gay novels. Like tragically sad or some kind of rape or molestation just is not my thing. I feel like that kind of story is way over done... Maybe it's just me. If you enjoyed a novel that you would like to recommend, let me know. It's getting kinda hard to find good books in this subject...

Aroww

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum