The Trevor Wright Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone know of any other great gay films?

+7
Adriano ferreira
tara
MaryMary
KellyRainbow
eugen
baileybrat
Arickkk<3
11 posters

Go down

anyone know of any other great gay films? Empty anyone know of any other great gay films?

Post by Arickkk<3 May 15th 2009, 4:15 pm

I've been looking, but nothing can seem to stand up to shelter.
Does anyone know of any?

<333
Arickkk<3
Arickkk<3

http://myspace.com/seizethemomentmusic

Back to top Go down

anyone know of any other great gay films? Empty Re: anyone know of any other great gay films?

Post by baileybrat May 15th 2009, 8:22 pm

Shelter is certainly in a class of its own Arickkk, but you could also try Beautiful Thing which is another film that will leave you feeling sunny and uplifted. Latter Days, Defying Gravity and Rock Haven all have their moments too... but Shelter they are not.
baileybrat
baileybrat

Back to top Go down

anyone know of any other great gay films? Empty Re: anyone know of any other great gay films?

Post by Arickkk<3 May 15th 2009, 8:56 pm

haha yah.
i figured.
and thanks, ive seen all of those movies except defying gravity.
Latter days was really good.
but not shelter.
:\ hahh.
Ok thanks :]
Arickkk<3
Arickkk<3

Back to top Go down

Post by baileybrat May 17th 2009, 3:34 pm

Like It Is and I Think I Do are another couple of movies that you might want to check out, Arickkk. A word of warning though, Like It Is is a lot more gritty (and at times, bloody) than the other films we've mentioned, but still has a satisfying ending. As does I Think I Do which is very much like one of those old-fashioned screwball comedies from the 50's or 60's but given a gay twist... Both are worth a watch, but still not a patch on Shelter.
baileybrat
baileybrat

Back to top Go down

Post by eugen May 30th 2009, 7:46 pm

yep it's difficult for another gay film to compete with Shelter... Smile)
really strong film!

eugen

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyRainbow June 9th 2009, 5:21 pm

Get real

I watched it some weeks ago and I liked it, but... as they said, it's difficult to find a film like Shelter. (Difficult or impossible) Razz
KellyRainbow
KellyRainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by baileybrat June 22nd 2009, 5:37 pm

Yep, I liked Get Real too, but thought it was just a tiny bit too preachy in parts. It has a nice life-affirming ending though... as does Summerstorm which is also definitely worth a look.

Another film that should leave you smiling is Trick, though I must admit that I found Tori Spelling's character rather irritating. Less Tori and more of the final scene would have improved things no end. Wink
baileybrat
baileybrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Arickkk<3 June 23rd 2009, 12:00 am

i have trick, and get real.
i like trick, it was funny.
tori is pretty irritating. haha.
and get real, was ok, i guess.
i didnt like it all that much.
thanks for the advice.
:]
Arickkk<3
Arickkk<3

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryMary July 30th 2009, 2:39 am

Hey Arickkk...
Here are some suggestions for you:
A love to hide
Just a question of love (english version of Une question d'amour)
Boy culture
Summer storm

But so far...nothing comes close to Shelter , that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it . Shelter has touched the lives of many, many people and will continue to do so. What a simple and well done movie. Love is pure...

Ciao bello!
MaryMary
MaryMary

Back to top Go down

Post by tara July 30th 2009, 2:21 pm

just a question of love ... beautiful movie

I'm looking for a love to hide (un amour à taire)

french movies cheers
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Adriano ferreira October 17th 2009, 6:12 pm

rsrsrrs.........

Adriano ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by Adriano ferreira October 18th 2009, 8:56 am

Hi!Well I Know,"Do comeco ao fim"is beautiful!Bye...Adriano-Brasil.

Adriano ferreira

Back to top Go down

Post by olla86 December 1st 2009, 6:29 am

Adriano ferreira wrote:Hi!Well I Know,"Do comeco ao fim"is beautiful!Bye...Adriano-Brasil.

Totally agree!! This film is excellent!!Try it!
olla86
olla86

http://www.3ddigitalwallpapers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by warwickstar June 30th 2010, 1:48 pm

This is kinda depressing that their might not be a movie as good Shelter.... I liked Drama Queen and Make the Yuletide Gay. But neither of those was anything close to Shelter.
warwickstar
warwickstar

https://www.youtube.com/user/warwickstar1

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen May 8th 2011, 5:33 pm

My first gay movie was Brokeback Mountain and it was for a long time my No 1. Then came Shelter and nothing was as before. Brokeback Mountain has got incredible pictures, a great story and two of the best actors I know. And the movie is so pretty sad... Crying or Very sad

Shelter is different. It makes me cry, too. But for happiness.

So I have two number ones now!!!
Doreen
Doreen

http://www.gyllenhaal.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Aroww June 23rd 2011, 7:18 pm

Do you like foreign movies? If so, I would recommend the Bubble. Romantic story (somewhat odd ending). If you don't like watching other languages Heights is a wonderful movie -the first gay movie I ever saw actually, and I had no idea it was gay when I sat down to watch it Smile I have personally found better gay films (for the most part) over seas and in different languages than I have anywhere else... Hopefully this helps...

Aroww

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down