The Trevor Wright Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eric85's San Pedro Trip

+8
BaniLo
hbdzh
wesley
striver
eric85
baileybrat
wizard
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eric85's San Pedro Trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Eric85's San Pedro Trip

Post by eric85 December 22nd 2011, 4:15 pm

Hey cetc and BaniLo,

Hope you both can make it to San Pedro. Things are changing -- a bit. I was there very briefly in September. The "Welcome to San Pedro" sign you see early in the film had been painted over but maybe is back up by now. There was construction on one of the empty lots Zach skates by in the opening film credits. A bunch of new houses fill the parking lot of the old grocery store. As I said, small things.

Still, SP looks like Zach and the gang could appear at any moment.

Happy holidays!

Eric

eric85

Back to top Go down

Post by americanshameless January 9th 2012, 2:51 pm

These are great thanks! How far is LA from San Pedro?

americanshameless

Back to top Go down

Post by eric85 January 9th 2012, 10:50 pm

The short answer is, depends on where you are in Los Angeles because the city is big and spread out. But basically, San Pedro is on the southern tip. If you look at Goggle or Mapquest and find LAX -- LA's main airport -- and go east you'll see Highway 110. Follow the highway all the way south and it will literally run into San Pedro. Driving time from LAX is probably 45 minutes, maybe more depending on the traffic.

When 110 hits San Pedro it turns into Gaffey Street and just passed the famous "Welcome" bridge you'll see O'Farrell Street on your left. Make that turn and five blocks down you'll see Zach's house that he shares with Jeanne and Cody on the left, just before the street drops down.

If you go back up O'Farrell you'll hit Pacific Avenue. Turn left and drive and you'll spot a number of buildings and locations used in Shelter. Almost at the end of Pacific is the Pacific Diner (on your right).

Go back and read all the posts in this tread for more info and be sure and read Baileybrat's posts on locations. His aerial photos are very helpful in spotting landmarks and buildings.

Most of the movie's locations were in San Pedro but the surfing beaches and Shaun's house were elsewhere.

I hope you make it to San Pedro!

eric85

Back to top Go down

Post by americanshameless January 10th 2012, 2:52 pm

^ Thanks for the information. Really helpful Smile

Do you happen to know where Shaun's house was shot actually? Just wondering Razz

americanshameless

Back to top Go down

Post by eric85 January 10th 2012, 5:49 pm

As I recall, Shaun's house is actually several locations. The driveway and maybe foyer is from a house in Santa Monica. The "beach" house, where the awesome hug takes place, as well as all the intimate moments between Zach and Shaun, is a house on the Pacific Coast Highway. In fact, farther north on the PCH are most of the beach locations: Zach and Tori's talk about moving on, Shaun and Cody and the sand castle, and the great Zach and Shaun walk and talk scene where Zach says he read Shaun's book and Shaun says he didn't know that Zach "knew" about him. That last scene and some others was shot at the Leo Carrillo State Park. You can see some goggle shots of Shaun's house if you'll go the the thread posted by Baileybrat called "Shelter -- San Pedro Locations."

eric85

Back to top Go down

Post by americanshameless January 10th 2012, 6:44 pm

^ Thank you for being so informative. Kudos Very Happy

americanshameless

Back to top Go down

Post by xKJx August 17th 2012, 9:56 pm

Hey is it possible you could re-upload the images for the new members to see? It's not available anymore :[

Might I suggest using imgur.com since it's simple and you don't even need to make an account.

xKJx

Back to top Go down

Post by eric85 August 22nd 2012, 7:33 pm

Oops. Sorry. I haven't bothered to check and see if the photos were still active and I didn't know that ImageShack cancels/deletes after a while.

Yes, I'll report but might wait until September. There's a strong chance that I can swing through San Pedro and update many of the locations I've shot before.

I'd love to get inside Zach's house, especially his bedroom. That and the backyard scene of the awesome Shaun-Zach hug are still on my list of ToDo.

Thanks for the imgur.com suggestion.

eric85

Back to top Go down

Post by BaniLo August 29th 2012, 5:58 pm

Good luck, Eric, and all the best for the trip. The years have gone...
I still believe that you get the photos. Where is Danny? Perhaps there is no forum more...

BaniLo

Back to top Go down

Post by lucke_France September 12th 2012, 12:12 pm

BaniLo wrote:Good luck, Eric, and all the best for the trip. The years have gone...
I still believe that you get the photos. Where is Danny? Perhaps there is no forum more...

Hello dudes !! I'm here !! a newcomer on this site

lucke_France

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2