The Trevor Wright Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what about the first kiss scene..

3 posters

Go down

what about the first kiss scene.. Empty what about the first kiss scene..

Post by seraquive August 5th 2010, 10:39 am

a question for you: I found some parts of the movie a little botches, and that probably ... the very quickly movie shooting didn't allow to develop every aspect. For example.. what about the first kiss scene? I don't think then they fallen asleep (infact during the documentary Brad joking about that). Maybe alchool could help but.. yours opinions?

seraquive

Back to top Go down

what about the first kiss scene.. Empty Re: what about the first kiss scene..

Post by Aroww June 28th 2011, 10:11 am

Here's what I think (and it's just a thought).... I think the rationale for having only a kiss occur was for two specific reasons: First of all, I think it really personalizes Zach, the way it happened. A few moments after the initial kiss, Zach seems to be dazed and gazing off with a half-smile creeping across his face almost like he was pleasantly surprised all the way to his core. This shows us that he's not swept away in some lustful liaison but rather being swept by Shaun's return and the possibility that lies there. The second reason I think this happened is to show the "purity" of the characters story (maybe ‘pure’ isn't a very good choice of word). I believe that relationships that take their time are those that have the most potential for longevity. Though it might be a tad unrealistic to have them kiss and then stop, I think it was necessary for the story considering that if they didn't stop, it would’ve became more about lust than a relationship. It would be more about exploring being gay, I think, than the other person. The way it was done in the movie, Zach not only had time to digest this but it led to the eventual BGM. …
Just my two cents....

Aroww

Back to top Go down

Post by seraquive June 30th 2011, 4:43 pm

Hi, your thoughts are welcome!
the movie is too much nice, fresh that the little weird things or just the aspects not so clear, aren't so important. the special feelings between brad and trevor is touchable and gives consistency to the story. cat

seraquive

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen July 3rd 2011, 6:01 pm

I think Shaun did'nt want more than the kiss that evening (well, of course he wanted more....Laughing) They had drunk too much and the love to Zach was so important to him, that he did'nt want to destroy the small possibility that he hoped for so many years. He gave Zach the time to digest and understand and decide.
Doreen
Doreen

http://www.gyllenhaal.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down